Finally Finished

Several months later and I have finally finished the purple baby outfit. The final pieces were a hat and a headband. I completed the hat today, but the headband was just not working out so I abandoned it (for now).

The dress is very nice. I modified the original pattern to create crochet sleeves and a crochet edge along the bottom of the skirt. The bloomers were easy, but my concern is whether the elastic will be too tight or too loose for baby. The hat, well, I hate it. I added a crochet ribbon, but it’s the fit; I’m not sure if I just wasn’t careful enough with the seam allowance, or if its the pattern, but I really do not like the look or the feel of the hat at all.

Overall, the outfit is usable, especially the dress and bloomers. It should make for a nice spring photo with the new little one when she arrives!

Advertisements

Blog at WordPress.com.

Up ↑